"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Why art thou cast down, O my soul?



My Psalm 42:11

Hello God.
I’m glad you’re here.
I cannot see you.
I need to feel you,
my friend stay near.

Hold me God.
Hug me so tight.
The night is long
and I’m not strong.
I need your might.

How long, God,
before dreams die?
Should I still wait?
Is it now too late?
Please dry my eyes.

Selah. . .

Hope in God
saturates my soul.
I know He cares.
He hears my prayers.
I concede control.

Hello God!
On you I wait.
I know it’s never
too late . . .
to trust in You.

Hold me God.
____________________________________________________
I could go into a long spill about the emotions I have been battling lately; emotions we all battle at one time or another. But, sometimes no other words can be found and it is best to just let the poem stand alone. . .I'm sure you understand.
__________________________________________________
Thank you, Lord, that I can come to You completely vulnerable, with raw emotions exposed and You open Your arms wide and draw me into Your peace. I have questions, fears, dreams. . . You listen to them all. The answers do not come immediately, but they will come eventually. The fears, You calm. The dreams, You give me reason to still hope in. You are my True Friend who always has time to listen and never turns me away no matter what my mood. I need You now, my Friend. I need You always. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment