"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Thursday, May 16, 2013














Wren’s Poem

O little wren,
so small and unassuming,
How can it be,
your voice rings out so clear?

The world we’re in
has a habit of presuming
that size is key,
you can’t be,
more than you appear.

Still - a plain brown bird
whose stature is misleading;
your tiny chest
swells in massive melody.

Your trill is heard
within the branches rising,
“I am blessed!”
“I am blessed,”
 so immensely. 
_________________________________________________________
You can't judge a book by its cover or a bird by their size. . .

I love feeding the birds in my backyard! You never know what is going to fly in to join the feast. But, until recently, I never realized that this common little Carolina Wren has such a BIG voice. Wrens are tiny and they are plain in their looks, just a simple cinnamon color! According to what I have read, they may weigh as much as two quarters held in your hand. Yet, their voices carry as strong a tune volume-wise as a mockingbird. I have heard their song many, many times. But, until one sang right in front of me, I never dreamed that effervescent voice came from such a pint sized, little bird. Just goes to show you should never underestimate any creature. You never know what magical gift God has given them. They say they sing, "teakettle, teakettle" but what bird sings that, lol? I changed it to "I am blessed!" :-)
___________________________________________________________
Maker of Music in Nature - I thank you for the many ways You have placed magic and beauty in our lives. Even the simplest of creatures bring wonder into this world, if we will just take time to notice. Your creativity is truly amazing, Lord. I praise You too, for even I am more than meets the eye; as is true with everyone in this world. We need only look with Your eyes, Father. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment