"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Sunday, March 9, 2014

God's Poem









Simple Ways

When the sun kisses your face,
when your wrapped in wind's embrace,
when dark skies share your grief
and rolling clouds tears release,
He is there.

When bright flowers start to bloom
after winter's grey and gloom,
when the robin puffs out its chest
to sing to you his very best,
He is there.

He is in the scent and the song,
in the showers and the sun.
His arms you feel within the wind.
All simple ways, His love God sends.
He is . . .
____________________________________________

God surrounds us everyday with His love, grace and beauty. The question is, do we slow down long enough to be aware of it, to let it sink into our souls and renew our spirit? Or, do we rush through our day with blind eyes, deaf ears and hardened hearts?

With working two jobs now, I have been one of the ones rushing way too fast to see what surrounds me, to even hear the birds singing their morning praise to the Creator. And the result, besides fatigue, is a spirit that feels as crushed and trodden as the fallen leaves after a hard, bone-chilling winter.

I need renewal. I need to take five minutes DAILY and turn my face up into the sun, feel its warmth wash over me and take time to thank the Lord above for giving me one more day, to feel the wind wrap around me and God's caress in that wind, to thank Him for the beautiful sunrise or for the star-filled sky winking down at me. And. . . I need to take the time to write.

I promised God years ago, that I would write for Him. Why? Because He is the one who has given me this talent, diamond in the rough though it might be, and He is the one who can take it away. I am incomplete without doing what the Lord has given me to do. May His love fill me and may he "put a new poem in my mouth" as many times as pleases Him to do so.
______________________________________________

Psalm 40:3 "And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord."  ~ Amen

2 comments:

  1. Just a note to say I love your work, and I'm glad your okay. Missed your comments on FB, so was a bit concerned that maybe something had happened. I admire what you have done for Lent, suppose everyone should do likewise. Have a great day, Jim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apparently, I can't type this morning. I have jumbled up two previous replies. Let's see if I can get this one right, lol. Thanks Jim for caring and for the kind words! You warm my heart! I think I must have been getting addicted to FB without knowing it. There are times I have to really fight the urge to get online. But, the break away has been good for me. I am writing more than I have in quite some time, just not posted the other poem yet.I am working on a new Easter poem, trying to get it perfect before I "publish" it and waiting for the right timing. The two jobs have really taken a toil on my free time to write or anything else. Praying I reach the goal I have set for myself, so I won't have to work so much in the near future. Catch up with you on FB soon. Be Blessed!

      Delete