"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Where Does Faith End & Doubt Begin



Where Does Faith End and Doubt Begin

I know you hear me, Lord;
even as my mouth is moving,
before the request has been made.
Even when the plea is so close to my heart
inaudible words are barely breathed from my lips.
I know you hear me, Lord -
but . . .
will You answer?

I know You see me, God;
You painted each dotted freckle.
Every salty, tear-lined lash that's fallen,
each tangled hair and ragged nail, You know.
The plainness I see; is beauty to Thee, who created me.
I know You see me, Lord -
but . . .
do You see my heart's hope?

I know You are here, Father;
no matter where this loco life leads.
From home, to work, in the car, in between,
I believe Your promise: "I will never leave you . . ."
whether on cloud-covered mountaintops or deepest dale;
I know You are here, Father
but . . .
can I feel You hold me, please?

I know You can heal, Savior,
with a touch, a word, a thought.
All who came to You were made whole.
The blind, the lame, the leper knew Your merciful grace.
Even the tormented and broken spirited were rescued by You.
I know You can heal, Savior;
but . . .
the question is, will You?

I know You are the same, Lord.
The King of Glory in Bible times is still
the Great I Am today. Miracles exist even now,
we have simply grown to blinded by busyness to see.
Still I wonder - where does faith end and doubt begin?
I know You are the same, Lord.
I truly believe with every particle of my being,
but . . .
will You bless me with the miracle I seek?

________________________________________________

There are many I know in need of miracles right now - my own family included. There are times when there are no adequate words to say to ease another's pain. So, we sit in silence, just letting them know we are there for them. We hold them; cry with them; pray with them. These times are trying. These times test our faith. We believe. We know who our God is and what He is capable of. We also know that only God knows the future. He has a plan and, for now, we are left in the dark. We must walk in the little bit of light that our candle of faith sheds. We cannot see beyond the next, tiny step. Yes, God can perform miralces and sometimes He does . . . and sometimes - He doesn't. We are left to question why. Maybe, just maybe,the reason will be revealed to us in the future; like when my Aunt Dona died. I selfishly begged and bargained with God not to take her. Still, the merciful Father took her to heaven. I was so mad at Him at the time. Two months later, when her son died as well, I came to understand that God was being compassionate. He knew my aunt would have been heartbroken at the loss of her son. Again, I begged . . .for His forgiveness. God has reasons for everything He does. We just have to trust Him to do what is best for everyone involved. Even when we don't understand why.

Merciful Father, Compassionate Lord, I believe. Forgive my unbelief. Please, for all those I know who are hurting right now, for all those in desperate need of Your healing touch, let us feel the warmth and comfort of Your embrace. Ease the suffering. And, if You don't mind too much, please allow the darkness to be brightened a little more by Your light of love. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. You have a beautiful talent given by God...thank you for sharing theses words....keep on keeping on.....they have blessed my soul!. ~ Jane
    August 12

    ReplyDelete