"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Crinkled Creases


Crinkled Creases

Gazing at the creases
in confused curiosity.
Where did youth go?
Aging, but not yet old . . .

Why are they called
crow's feet?
Laugh lines sound
much more flattering!

Crinkled creases fade
into shadows; dark
crescent moons set
in a flesh pale sky.

The false image
reflects mediocrity;
not reflecting
the heart of me.

Tell-tale shadows
may scream fatigue;
yet eyes still glint
with unlived dreams.
____________________________________________________________
New Year, New You. How many of us made resolutions January 1st to lose weight, exercise more, change the way we look in some way or the other, etc. etc.? How many have already broken at least one of those resolutions? You don't have to answer that! I broke mine at 3 am January 1st, while mindlessly eating peanut M&Ms in front of the TV, while waiting for the cough syrup to work, so I could go back to sleep. Slip ups happen! DO NOT criticize yourself if you have broken one or even more than one. . .

Do you know one of the things I love most about God? No matter what I see in the mirror, He only sees a child that He loves. It doesn't matter what size or shape I am. What I weigh on the scale isn't important to Him. Oh, I know He wants  me to be healthy. But, what I'm saying is, it doesn't matter if I am young, old or in between. And no matter what the world says, I don't have to look like a movie star goddess or have plastic surgery to fix my "imperfections". Jesus thinks I am perfectly beautiful just the way I am! Tan, pale, freckled, wrinkled, black, brown, white with pink and purple polka dots . . . It doesn't matter one way or the other. God loves us!  Doesn't that realization make you just GRIN from ear to ear?  :-D

If you answered "Yes" to that last question (and even if you didn't), then isn't it time we stop beating ourselves up over what we find "wrong" with ourselves in the mirror? I personally believe it saddens the Lord to watch how we bash ourselves, criticizing every tiny thing and becoming the destroyer of our own self esteem. God made us just the way HE wanted us to be! You are a canvas that He, the Master Painter, created. The Lord knew exactly what He wanted you to look like when He made you! You are perfect just the way you are to Him.

New Year, New Beginnings. Yes, there are things about myself and my crazy life I would like to change. Only I have the ability to do that. But, how about we try a little kindness with ourselves! Would you criticize your best friend the way you criticize yourself? BECOME YOUR OWN BEST FRIEND! I challenge you (and myself) to compliment more than you criticize yourself from now on! Keep a notebook if you like and every time you hear that nagging, negative voice write down what it says. (What?) Yes, write it down, then turn it around into something positive!!! God and I both think you are beautiful. THAT can be one of the first things you write!
__________________________________________________________________
Lord of my creation, thank You for making me unique and beautiful - no matter what the mirror may try to lie and say (smile). Help me to see myself and others through Your eyes of kindness, gentleness and love. Teach me to be happy with who I am on the outside; while I continually strive to improve the woman of worth on the inside. Knowing You love me just the way I am lifts my weary spirit!. Thank you again, Father. ~ Amen

1 comment: