"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Saturday, February 19, 2011

For Sheila


The One Who Always Hugged Me


We didn't always see eye to eye.
She was spoiled & stubborn
with a need to be right. . .
and a mischievous delight;
with an impish smile and eyes
gleaming bright.

She always hugged me. . .

Beneath her willful ways
was a heart inlaid with gold;
one of the most caring souls
you could ever hope to know.
Her loving heart could not help
but overflow.

She always hugged me. . .

Disbelieving & astonished,
let reality be but a dream.
She has been too soon taken,
our secure world - now shaken.
Yet, they say the Lord's will is never
. . . mistaken. . .

I will forever miss
the one who always hugged me tight. . .
________________________________________________________________
Sweet Jesus, A part of me has to laugh. Sheila has nothing left to worry about. She has no burdens, no cares, no hurts - only love! Wrap her in Your arms and let Your love envelop her. Love beyond what she has ever known on this earth! Then, I can see the bright smile on Aunt Dona's face as her daughter walks from Your embrace straight into her mother's arms.
And God, please help those of us grieving over her leaving us so suddenly here below. ~ Amen

Written 02/19/11 by Susan Bunn Tarrant, in memory of Sheila Frances Powers Dunn

1 comment:

  1. That's Sheila all right! I've been thinking of her hugs since she passed. Always so full of love! Thank you, Susan, for capturing her spirit so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete