"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Friday, May 30, 2014

Lifting My Soul



Lifting My Soul
(My Psalm 25)

I lift up my soul expectantly.
I trust triumphantly.
None that wait on God are ashamed.

Teach me your ways.
Guide through life’s maze.
Lead me, Lord of my salvation.

I wait faithfully
Every day unfailingly
for your return, my Redeemer.

Your mercies are timeless.
I recall each kindness
loving Father of compassion.

He guides with judgment
those who keep his covenant.
Good and upright is the Lord.

Pardon mine iniquity.
Forget each sin done secretly,
seen openly by the Omniscient. 

My soul shall dwell at ease
for even when on my knees
My eyes are ever toward the Lord.

The Lord is with them that fear him,
with those who in awe revere him.
He is the truest, steadfast Friend.

He will pluck my feet out of the net
rescue me from every threat
for he alone is my Deliverer.

When my aching soul is battered,
my suffering spirit shattered,
look upon me, most Merciful.

Bring me out of my distresses.
my self-inflicted messes;
forgive all my sins, sweet Savior.

For I wait on you my King,
Adonai, my everything.
Jesus, my Messiah.
___________________________________________________________
A prayer for forgiveness and deliverance. Lifting my soul, my everything, to Almighty God. Enough said this time around. Because, thankfully, He knows even the words of the heart that our limited vocabulary can't express. Thank You, Lord, for knowing...Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment