"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Monday, May 5, 2014

This Trail I Tread


Awesome photo from the website findingyourforce.blogspot.com

This Trail I Tread

This trail I tread is strenuous.
The hardships seem continuous.
One slip of the foot and I fall. 
For a firmer hand grip, I claw;
as the path steepens with each step.
So fatigued, at times I've wept.
Still I continue the arduous climb,
though covered with grit and grime.
Despite the dirt and the sweat,
I'm not ready to give up yet.
You ask why I won't simply stop.
Have you never seen the view from the top?
__________________________________________
This time of year always makes me long to be hiking again and to me there is no better place to hike than the mountains. I love them. It is as if they are a part of me. Whenever I visit the mountains, I feel like I am . . . home. Strange, since I have never lived in the mountains - only the hills. 

Still, this poem isn't solely about a rugged hike, it is about the struggles of daily life. I have chosen the path I am own right now and it is not an easy one. I am tired much more often than I am energetic. I am struggling with unanswered prayer requests, but I know everything works to the good of those who trust in the Lord. So, I trust God with the impossible while I do what is possible for me. 

Imagine this, one day not looking down from the mountain top, but from the highest clouds in heaven! What a day that will be. (Smile)
_____________________________________________
My Lord in heaven, thank You for being my strength when I am weak, my Peace when my world is chaotic, my Hope when life seems bleak. I love you more than life and trust you with my everything. In Jesus name I pray. ~ Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment