"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Searching Skyscapes


















Searching Skyscapes

Will the sky be parchment white,
or perhaps a storm-filled night,
with thunder booming loud and deep,
when Christ arrives to harvest reap?
Greatly I anticipate,
anxious for that rapture date.

Seeking Him in the sun’s rise,
blushing pink before my eyes,
in the fading twilight’s linger,
even gloomy grays of winter.
Constantly I hunt the air,
hoping to see my Savior there!

Daily searching the skyscapes
all set to make my escape,
watching for the hands of heaven
to part the clouds and to us beckon,
as the last trumpet declares
“Come home, children!” to God’s heirs. 
________________________________________________________

All who know me well know that I love admiring God's masterpieces strewn across the heavens! I never tire of gazing at the sky; whether it is clear, blue daylight or starry night, counting the closeness of lightning bolts dancing among giant thunderheads or finding fanciful figures in pillowy billows. I see flocks of birds riding the currents and envy their flights above my imagination. One day…

Yet, lately I find myself doing more than contemplating the clouds. More and more I find myself looking expectantly for the Son of God to be breaking through the cumulus, arms outstretched to call all Christians home. The world will be caught unaware, but we true followers of Christ know the day is drawing closer. Considering all the current events around the world, how could it not be? Are you ready?

God commands us to be watching and ready for His return. I am scanning the skies! Are you a heaven watcher with me? Can you even begin to conceive that moment? Beyond what my writing imagery can portray, my friend. Beyond all expectations and dreams!
"For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first. Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. Wherefore comfort one another with these words.” 1 Thessalonians 4:16-18
_________________________________________________________

Come Lord Jesus. We await Your return with trembling awe and anticipation. ~ Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment