"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Rainy Nights

 Rainy Nights

In the stillness of the evening
from the refuge of our room,
the approaching storm grumbles
as lightning flashes through the gloom.

The ratta-tat-tat of raindrops
drumming softly overhead
sounds in contrast to the thunder
rumbling of the downpour still ahead.

My head rests upon your shoulder.
Your heartbeat whispers in my ear,
cocooned within the covers,
content merely to have you near.

Eyelids close in blissful slumber,
coaxed by the torrent being shed,
the ratta-tat-tat of raindrops
drumming heavily overhead.
_____________________________________________________________ 

I don’t know about you, but I sure rest well when it rains. Something about a rainy night  is so relaxing it sings me right to sleep. I wonder if God planned it that way; the timpani drum roll of thunder, the wind rushing within the leaves and the tune of raindrops on the roof….Maybe in all His infinite wisdom God planned rain showers with that additional purpose in mind. 

God knows we need rest. Even the great I Am rested on the seventh day. I have always said there is no such thing as coincidence, especially not in God’s creations. We must simply be willing to open our eyes, our hearts and sometimes even our ears to realize the wonders that surround us. So tonight, with God as the Music Director of rain's lullaby playing on my roof, I look forward to a good night's sleep. I hope you have one too! 

(I know I usually have a picture to go with my posts, but as much as I love photography, my night photo skills are lacking. Maybe I can add one fitting the poem at a later date.) 
 _____________________________________________________________
Rain Maker, Storm Creator, I thank You for cleansing the world, filling the lakes and streams and watering Earth’s gardens. And as if those tasks were not enough, in Your love and creativity, You wrapped songs within the storms for us to discover on our own. I appreciate each melody that rises and falls within the showers. You are amazing, Lord. None can compare to You. ~ Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment