"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Monday, July 12, 2010

Day of Doubts



Day of Doubts

I request guidance. . . and receive only silence.
I ask for answers . . . yet questions remain.
I pray for peace . . . still chaos reigns.
I want for wisdom . . . repeated mistakes plague me.
I hunger to hear Your voice . . .for the faintest whisper.

Worry is the opposite of faith.
I plead, "Hurry, Lord."
You say, "Wait."


We all have them; unanswered prayers, days of heartache, moments of darkness when it just doesn't seem like the Lord is listening to us. Yet, we know in our hearts He never leaves us. So, what's up? Cecil Murphey has an entire book dedicated to the subject of when God seems absent, called Seeking God's Hidden Face. I have only gotten a few chapters in, but it is nice to know that even the stongest of Christians have these times as well - and come out with an even stronger faith on the other side of it.

There are times, I don't know what to pray or do, Lord. Yet, I know, You hear my heart's cries. So, I wait . . . .

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorites of your psalms. ~ Melody
    July 12

    ReplyDelete