"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Thursday, July 15, 2010

Time Passes



Time Passes

Time pours like water
in our hands.
There is no holding it.
There is no slowing it.
Another day, another week,
another year surges by. . .

Time runs like sand
through a sieve;
each grain a moment;
each moment a memory.
Another birth, another death,
another life races on. . .

Time melts like wax
before a flame;
to be molded by the Master;
to be cast by Christ.
Another jewel, another treasure,
another gift from God.


I am not sure I am through with this one; but, it is what was on my mind at 5:30 this morning (maybe because today is my birthday and time passing was on my mind). Needless to say, I picked up my notebook and pen and started writing. I have played with it off and on all day. The title and the last two lines may end up being revised at a later date (suggestions anyone?).

Time is a gift that we all tend to take for granted. Everyone expects tomorrow to come. The reality is; that isn't always the case. So much time is wasted looking behind, dwelling on the negative, the mistakes of the past. Let it go! Today, make the choice to make better choices!

Creator of time and humanity, teach me to use my time wisely. Help me to grow my friendships and deepen my faith in the time You have allotted me. Allow me to make better mistakes than I made the day before (because we both know I am going to make them) and allow me to learn from them. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment