"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Clouds












Clouds

How countlessly they gather there
like a flock of silver sheep
grazing upon a sapphire sky;
slowly ‘cross blue meadow they creep.                    

With idleness they wander where
our stumbling steps can’t follow,
and yet leisurely dreams find us
wishing for wings to borrow.

As they drift without thought or care,
we envy clouds’ lazy ways;
for as we rush around down here,
still we yearn for more tranquil days.
__________________________________________________
As I have often said, I love the amazing ways God transforms the skyscapes into beautiful scenery for us earthbound humans to gaze upon. From rising with the waking sun to drinking in the sunset's mellowing rays, whether it be daylight white or a glorious, starry night, you can find awe-filled beauty in the heavens! That is, if you just slow down long enough to look up from your cell phone, tablet, walk away from the TV or whatever holds your attention....

To those who know me best, it is no secret that I prefer to be outside instead of in. As a teenager, future job ideas included forest ranger, outdoor photographer, just about anything that would have me outdoors instead of chained to a desk. In the grownup world of reality, I sit five days a week in an office. Yet, the outdoors still call to me from the cloudy skies that beckon.Numerous times a day, I look out the window. Each time I walk around my desk, I have to at least take a glance out and upward. Yes, sometimes it is just a cloudless blue...but what amazing shades of blue! Look up at the handiwork of God in the heavens. Take in the sky. Enjoy the beauty the Lord has graced us with today and be sure to tell Him thank you for sharing such beauty with us!
___________________________________________________
Amazing Lord of Heaven, look down from Your dwelling place and hear our praise. There is no other gods but You. We stand in awe of Your handiwork. We thank You for the grace and blessings You surround us with daily. With the psalmist of old I pray, "When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou are mindful of him, and the son of man that thou visitest him." ~ Amen and Amen.
(Psalm 8:3-4)

No comments:

Post a Comment