"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Wednesday, September 30, 2015

The Morning Moon

Harvest moon taken the morning of 9-28-15 by Susan Tarrant













The Morning Moon

A lustrous moon greeted me this morning.
Hanging low in the heavens, there he shone;
catching me by surprise - without warning.

Silently staring, he seemed so alone;
looking as if longing to spin great tales
of escapades he’d seen and nightly known.

Wishing to greet him, I asked of his sails,
his infinite travels filled with wonder,
wherein he waxes and wanes, brightens and pales.

He sat silently, as if to ponder
whether to whisper of vast worlds revealed,
if divulging these would be a blunder…

Knowing the knowledge too much for man to wield,
that such splendid secrets should remain concealed,
the morning moon sagely kept his lips sealed.  
_______________________________________________

If the moon could talk, Lord, I am sure it would sing of Your glorious works and wonders throughout the universe. Worlds upon amazing worlds...beyond our greatest imagination, were created by You. It is more than my mind can comprehend. I stand in awe of creation and the Almighty Creator. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment