"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Thursday, September 24, 2015

Our September Stroll



















Our September Stroll

My delight? That he’s here with me,
as the warm days of summer wane.
A wonderful day we agree;
strolling beneath the canopy
along this peaceful wooded lane.

The now ancient, abiding trees,
the well-worn path, the cobalt sky,
the splendor one so clearly sees;
we both share reverence for these,
joying in the wood’s songs and sigh.

My pleasure would be that we stay,
wandering in this sylvan bliss
while real life’s frictions fade away,
like radiant sunset’s final rays
melting into the twilight’s mist.

Such peacefulness I’ve come to know
wrapped within calm autumn days,
before the icy winds that blow,
before the coming of the snow,
walking with him along wooded ways.
______________________________________________

What's better than enjoying a walk in the woods on a cool day? Walking it with someone you love!

Quiet moments alone are few and far between. With the hectic lifestyle most of us live in, I am sure you would agree the same is true for you and your sweetheart. I firmly believe that for a relationship to make it through the test of time that you must make time to be alone together. It is vastly important, in my opinion, to schedule a regular date. Put it on your "to do" list marked as Top Priority!

Why? Because in the grind and grit of day-to-day, we can lose sight of the importance of those we love most. We begin to take them for granted, like we take for granted that each time we turn on the shower, water will rain down upon us. Each time we flip on the light switch, we expect light to flood the darkness. But, if we neglect to pay that water bill, that electric bill....no more warm showers, no more home glowing with light. Neglecting those we love leaves the door ajar for trouble to walk in...

Our sweethearts are our light in a world sometimes filled with darkness. We are bathed in the warmth of their love. That is why we need to be careful not to get so busy that we push them aside. Male or female, they need to feel important, special, loved...So make that date today and don't let anything cause you to break it! Go have fun together!
_________________________________________________
Lord who is Love, I thank You for bringing the one I love into my life. I confess that I have often times taken him for granted. Forgive me, please, and help me do a better job of showing him how loved he is. Many are the times I have felt taken for granted as well, Lord. For that, I forgive him. I know how life gets...Allow us to see each other through eyes of love and remember that even time tested relationships still need "maintenance."  

All relationships, to truly succeed, must include You, Father. As from the moment I first meet him, so I do even now. I give our relationship to You and ask Your blessing in our lives.  In Jesus name I pray. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment