"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Sunday, October 24, 2010

Death is but a Doorway


Death is but a Doorway

Death is but a doorway
to another destination.
Not to be feared, but seen as
the soul’s continuation
along this wonderous journey
which is called eternity.

Death is only seen as sorrow
to the grieving left behind.
The heart is an open wound,
yet, may this give peace of mind.
Where I've gone, you are aware.
Do not let your heart so despair. . .

for you know The Way to get there.
                                                          
                                               Written In Loving Memory of Donnie Jo & Charles Tarrant
                                                                                         By Susan Tarrant, October 2010
_________________________________________________________________

I have been trying to write this poem since the middle of last month. It has not been easy. Part of me feels that I should have stopped at the first verse. It says all that needs to be said. Maybe I will one day cut it down to just that. For now, I will leave it as is . . .

On September 14th, this world lost one of the smartest women I have ever known. I think she loved words as much as I do (smile). On October 12th, just shy of one month later, it lost one of the funniest men. He could tell the craziest stories!!! (Big grin) I loved them both dearly. It breaks my heart to think of how hard it must be for their family right now. And yet, at the same time, I feel that God was merciful. Why? Because I cannot imagine Charles without Donnie Jo. Maybe I am wrong, but I think he would have been lost without her. Though I wish I could put my arms around their daughter, Mary, and give her strength and comfort. I cannot and will not say, "Don't cry," when we lose someone we loved so much. God gave us tears for a reason. But, after the tears, CELEBRATE! Celebrate the life they had and the even more wonderful life they are now experiencing. The one comfort that I have is that they are not truly gone. Their spirits live on in heaven and the next time we see them, we will never have to part again. I look forward to meeting them at the gate someday!

I take that back. . . There is more than one thought that brings comfort to me. There is another. Neither one of them are in pain anymore. They are both completely and totatlly healed of all disease and suffering!!! That is a true blessing that brings peace to my heart.

To the one true Comforter, thank You for the promise of heaven. Thank You for being that bridge to allows us entry into that wonderful world to live with You for eternity. Thank You for the assurance that we will one day be reunited with all the loved ones that passed on before us. What a reunion that will be someday! Your mercy and love are beyond words. ~ Amen 

2 comments:

  1. you are invited to follow my blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful tribute to your love for them, Susie. ~ Jane

    ReplyDelete