"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Sunday, April 14, 2013


A Passive Man
I strive to be a passive man.
I attempt to keep things peaceful.
While anger inside others may rise,
within me, it becomes lethal.

When angry, they say their blood boils.
Mine reeks from radiation.
While rage within others may mount.
with me, it sets off a mutation.

I try to be a passive man,
"You won't like me when I'm angry,"
Yet, they see the wimp before them
and not the raging beast within me.

All I want is the cure unknown,
for me and the beast within.
All the beast wants is to be left alone.
Yet, somehow, trouble always finds us. 
____________________________________________________
Day 14, Poem 14: 

Today's poetry prompt was to write a persona poem in the voice of a comic book superhero or villain. LOL! Okay, definitely not my usual theme for a poem. But for the fun of it, why not? Who should I choose? I liked Rogue when I was a child. . . and Gambit. . .Batman and Superman were okay, but. . . . Hhhhmmm.  I always, always liked the Hulk. Maybe, like my love for every lost animal I tried to bring home, I felt sorry for him. THEN, the TV series came out and I was REALLY hooked! I watched every one of them! I can still hear the theme music played at the end of every show, titled "The Lonely Man."  So sad.
_____________________________________________________
Jesus - You are my real life superhero. Thank you for rescuing me! ~ Amen

2 comments: