"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Friday, April 12, 2013


Corinthians 13 Garden

Hope is the seedling
pushing past the darkness
to break through soil's surface
gasping for fresh air.

Faith is the leaflets
unfolding like dancers,
graceful ballerinas,  
arms stretching for sky.

Love is rain and sun
both in perfect measure
timed by the Gardener
to coax seedling into bloom.

And the greatest of these is love. . .
__________________________________________________
Day 12, Poem 12:

To be honest, I didn't really care for the NaPoWriMo's poetry prompt for today, so I went my own way. It isn't a perfect piece yet and I know it. But, I will revisit it in the near future and see what develops then. For tonight, this simple beginning will have to do. Inspired by one of my favorite chapters of the Bible, 1 Corinthians 13.
_____________________________________________________
You are the Master Gardener, Lord. I am the seed. May I bloom beneath your tender care into the woman we both want me to be. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment