"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Friday, April 5, 2013


The Singing Tree
Listen…
Harmony rings,
when the slightest wind blows,
softly in the chime-brimmed branches.
Linger.

Echoes…
Rich tones resonating on air,
low and light, deep and bright,
the wind bells sing.
Peace flows. 

_______________________________________________________________
Day 5, Poem 5: I have wanted to write a poem about my "singing tree" for some time now, but couldn't find the right words yet. The poem prompt for today on the National Poetry Writing Month website was to write a cinquain. Perfect timing for a short poem, since we had the Relay for Life Kickoff Party tonight! Still, I wanted to make this a mirror cinquain. Like I have said before, I write like I talk - a lot. HA! As a result, I tend to be troubled by short poems. And so, here is my attempt at a mirror-cinquain. Hope you enjoy. 

P.S. - Hopefully I can post of good picture of my singing tree soon. I have been waiting for the tree to leaf out. :-)
________________________________________________________________
Heavenly Father, you know my singing tree is special to me. Each chime holds a memory, whether it be of a loved one lost or of a special event shared with those most cherished by me. With each breeze that flows, the chimes sing; and I stop to thank you for each person brought to rememberance. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me so richly.  ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment