"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Wednesday, April 10, 2013


The Rock
You are the rock in our relationship.
You are the foreboding boulder
that blocks the path to our happiness.
Your unyielding stance on compromise
-condemns us.
Your unwillingness to make the slightest change
-seals our fate.
_________________________________________________________
Day 10, Poem 10:

Today's poetry prompt was to write an un-love poem or simply a "dislike" poem. Hhhhmmm...

Every relationship has it's ups and downs. And, like I have told my sweetie many times (and sometimes in two different languages), "It is a good thing I love you; because right now I really don't like you." I don't know of any relationship that doesn't occasionally hit a stumbling block - or rock in this case. The one thing I have learned from my parents' fifty years together - to make it work, you stick it out, especially during the difficult, "I don't like you right now," periods.

I pulled this scribbled poem out from an old notebook. It was obviously written at a bad moment in time. I made a few tiny revisions and edited out quite a bit. Short and not so sweet, here is my un-love poem!
_________________________________________________________
Lover of my Soul: Thank you for loving me, even when I am unlovable to others (and sometimes even to myself). Love isn't always easy. TRUE love always finds a way to make it work, because the end results are worth it. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment