"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Thursday, April 25, 2013


Ballad for Sharon

Looking back on that time in June
we spent one night under the summer moon.
Arm in arm we laughed, as we slowly walked,
about everything but the disease we talked.
For a little while we pushed back the fear
of the real chance you'd not be back next year.

And now, I'm sure what I would change
if I could go back in time, my life I'd rearrange;
for time, for merely one more time,
to talk again and simply see your smile.
This June, I'm sure what I will do.
I'll walk an extra mile in memory of you.
_______________________________________________
Day 25, Poem 25:

Today's poetry prompt was to write a ballad, basically a poem set to music. Because of meeting with my Relay For Life team tonight, the relay and my cousin Sharon were both on my mind when I sat down to write. I don't know if it qualifies for a ballad or not, but it is loosely set to the tune of Garth Brook's "The Dance." And, since writing it and reading it over and over again to try to get it perfect (which it is not yet) has made me weepy, I am keeping my comments short tonight. I love you, Sharon, and miss you always! See you on the other side. . . before we know it. 
______________________________________________
Father in Heaven - Please, give Sharon a hug from me tonight and tell her how much she is loved. Thank you. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment