"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Wednesday, April 3, 2013


Awake, Sweet Spring
Awake, sweet Spring to cardinals' call.
Shrug off Winter's dismal shawl.
Give hope to seeds beneath the soil.
Warm the earth as they uncoil.
Unveil the emerald that brown conceals.
Paint the fields in daffodils.

Awake, sweet Spring the robin chants.
Don't you know it's time for plants
to rise and stretch arms to the sun;
for ice to flow and streams to run?
Let showers splash your sleepy face.
Wash away Winter without a trace.

Awake, sweet Spring the dove does coo.
Bid Winter's chill a plain "Adieu."
Awake, sweet Spring. . . we beg of you!
_______________________________________________________________

Day 3, Poem 3
I have a hard time deciding between spring and fall as to which is my favorite season. But, as much as I hate bone-chilling, cold weather and deary dark days; I have to say, "I love Spring!!!"
________________________________________________________________
To the Master Gardener - I love what You are doing with the earth right now! Daffodils, hyacinth and wisteria are blooming in my yard. The oak trees are budding and the fruit trees are in bloom. Thank you for the beauty You surround me with every day. Lord! You are amazing! ~ Amen

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite of you Napo poems so far! I am enjoying spring so much and you have captured the delight of it.

    ReplyDelete