"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Tuesday, April 16, 2013


What Will You Say?

With words I created a world,
an exquisite place of wonder.
The sound of my voice created
 a world of both strange and unique.
With mere words I created
the tiny building blocks of life,
neutrons, protons, atoms, cells,
the coursing of blood through veins,
the throbbing of each heartbeat,
the inhale and exhale of breath.

With words, I created things of awe,
great things beyond understanding.

And to you, that I made only
a little lower than angels,
I ask. . .
What will your words create?
 _______________________________________________________

Philippians 4:8 KJV

"8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things."

And to that may I add, SPEAK on these things! There is so much negative in our world already that sometimes it is hard to focus on the positive and pure. Words are building blocks, but they can also be the bulldozer that destroys! Which words will you choose? Words that create or words that devastate?
_______________________________________________

Father of creation: Yes, I believe in the big bang theory. You said it and "BANG!" it happened! Words are powerful, Lord. With words we build relationships and with words, we can destroy them. Words can be loving and kind or harsh and cruel. Help me each day to choose my words wisely. Forgive me, when the negative world around me rubs off and unkind words slip out of my mouth instead. May my words uplift, comfort, guide and may they always be pleasing to your ears.  ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment