"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Monday, April 22, 2013


Two Haiku for Earth Day
#1  The earth is broken -
       shattered glass on granite floor,
       dropped by man's disdain.

#2  Wailing night sky -
       heaven weeps for wounded earth.
       Who will dry her tears?
_____________________________________________
Day 22, Poem 22: 

Today's poetry prompt was to write a poem to celebrate Earth Day (today). I was going to keep it simple and only write a haiku, because I had things to get done today. Instead, two haiku developed so I posted them both. 
____________________________________________
Creator of the Earth and Universe: Forgive mankind for not taking better care of the world you made and entrusted to us. Open our eyes to see the damage that has been done and give us the wisdom to repair it. We are only here a short time, but we must consider the generations to come. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment