"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Wednesday, April 17, 2013


Morning Greeting
The front porch swing creaks
with each returning sway.
With each pass it speaks,
"Peace to you today."

With eyes closed, I cling
to the stillness of morn.
A mockingbird sings,
"A new day is born."

I pause in prayer
and give a reverent nod,
to the Majesty of morning,
"Good morning, God."
 ___________________________________________________
Years ago, the "Family Circus" cartoon  showed two scenes of someone getting out of bed. One scene showed a very haggard looking Dad getting out of bed and saying, "Good God, morning," the other showed a whole different demeanor of, "Good morning, God!" It made an impression on me. Every since then, I try to start my day with the latter of the two. Attitude, from the very first moments of morning, I think, makes a difference in the day. Try it for a few days and see what I mean. :-)
___________________________________________________
Majestic Maker of the Morning, I thank you for each day I am given, for not everyone has the blessing of a new day. May I always start the day with optimism instead of pessimism, thanking you for the time I am given. Please allow me to use it wisely. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment