"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Saturday, April 13, 2013



Saturday Morning Stroll
Cedar waxwings, by the dozen,
flit about, from limb to limb.
On closer inspection,
I see the confection,
black, ripe elderberry,
that's worth facing their fear of man.

Cardinal's sweet song, like a church hymn,
melodic praise, note on note.
I search the trail's rim
until I find him,
his scarlet made brighter
clashing against dull, brown limbs.

Red fox tree squirrel, in an oak tree,
munching contently, bud after bud.
He's mighty gutsy
not three feet from me.
Though I could touch him,
he simply eyes me, as I walk by.

Cross the old bridge, with the iron bow,
round the curve, step after step.
It's time to go I know,
but I don't want to though,
reluctant to leave the peace given,
on my Saturday morning stroll.
_________________________________________________________
Day 13, Poem 13:

I loved today's poetry prompt! Why? Because I love my early morning walks on Trail de Paris. If you get out early enough, before everyone else, you never know what little critters you are going to see. It is so peaceful and calm, the perfect way to start the day. :-)
_________________________________________________________
I love being surrounded by the nature and wildlife you have created, Lord. I feel more at home there than anywhere else. I feel your presence near me and am reminded of the song, "In The Garden." Such peace. . . Thank you, Lord, for meeting me there every time. ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment