"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Saturday, April 20, 2013


Sounds Like Spring
Feet up, laid back in my lawn chair.
Simply enjoying the warm air.
When the peace of my perfect day
is interrupted in the harshest way.
To the left I hear a lawn mower drone.
The right, a protesting chainsaw groans.
Next door, the scratching of rake tines
is overpowered by a weed eater's whine.
Sounds like my street is on a roll
but theirs is a path I choose not to go. 
Let my neighbors start spring cleaning.
I'm going back to my spring dreaming!
___________________________________________________
Day 20, Poem 20: 

Today was a beautiful day! I had this long mental list of what I needed to get done for the weekend; spring cleaning both indoors and out. I got a little done. But, as the day warmed up, I slowed down. Eventually I ended up just sitting in the backyard enjoying my new flower beds and watching the dogs be lazy. I decided they had the right idea and I enjoyed being lazy with them. Yes, I heard all the noises listed in the poem. Everyone around me seemed to be busy. Good for them! For me, all that can wait until another day. It's not like little elves are going to come out of the woodwork and do it for me. LOL!
____________________________________________________
Heavenly Father - Thank you for such a lovely day! It was beautiful and I enjoyed every minute of it. 
~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment