"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Thursday, April 11, 2013

Butterfly Trail

Petals floating down,
winged blooms swirling in brisk air,
flurry on flurry.
As we walk the rain-kissed trail
flowers land then fly away. 
_________________________________________________
Day 11, Poem 11:

Today's National Poetry Writing Month challenge was to write a form of poetry known as tanka. It is a form of Japanese poetry that is normally non-rhyming and has the pattern 5-7-5-7-7. From what I read, it was usually a poem about love or loss or a poem about nature. 

I decided to write about a time I was walking the trail with my love and we noticed a single butterfly floating toward us. It landed on Barry and got comfortable. As we stood there, we were suddenly engulfed by a flock of the butterflies! It was surreal and wonderful; a time I will never forget. 
________________________________________________

Creator of all Life: Butterflies are so amazing, each kind so unique. To me, they are a symbol of hope; because this one creature alone is proof that things do change - otherwise a caterpillar would forever be a caterpillar. Thank you, my Lord, for the detail and beauty you painted on each tiny wing. ~ Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment