"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Thursday, April 18, 2013

Grumpy Kind of Day

GRUMPY! Tonight is a grumpy night.
A groaning, moaning kind of night.
Tossing and turning while yearning for rest.
The kind of night that makes me stressed.
I pull the covers to my chin
then I throw them off again.
Midnight, two and then there's four.
Why am I even trying anymore?
Finally! When I'm good and comfy. . .
The alarm goes off, making me GRUMPY!

GRUMPY! Today is a grumpy day.
A growling, grumbling kind of day.
Cold rain and wind, when yesterday was sun.
The kind of day I’d love to shun.
To pull covers over my head
and stay hidden in my bed.
But responsibilities wait
and so I must not be late.
To work I go, feeling frumpy. . .
Which makes me all the more GRUMPY!
_________________________________________________
Day 18, Poem 18: 
Today's poetry prompt was to write a poem that the first word and the last word are the same. I have thought about it off and on all day, wondering what word to use:
Remember. . . Why. . .Wonder or even Wander. . . .What, When, Where, AHA!

Then, I decided to use the word that most described how I feel today - GRUMPY! 
I haven't slept well in what seems like ages. When you don't rest well, eventually the exhaustion seeps over into your daytime hours and like it or not, it effects your attitude and everything else! So, luckily, tonight's poem came easily and I have hopes for an early bedtime. . .and, I pray, a much more peaceful sleep.
________________________________________________
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." 
Matt. 11:28 KJV
"I will both lay me down in peace, and sleep: for thou, Lord, only makest me dwell in safety." 
Psalm 4:8 KJV
~ Amen



1 comment:

  1. Very nice Susie. Your a wonderful writer. Jim

    ReplyDelete