"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Monday, April 29, 2013


Nothing Easy
You hide behind a scowl
to warn the world away.
But I see past your mask
and love you anyway.

Nothing . . .

worth having is easy ,
or so that's what they say.
Harder than it has to be
seems to always be our way.

And yet. .  .

when your mask slips past
to let your smile shine through,
I see the love I long to last
and know the adage is true.
__________________________________________________
Day 29, Poem 29:

It is getting late. I had to toss aside the poetry prompt given for today or I would never get a poem written - even though I know some Spanish. The prompt was to include five words in another language. Instead, this came from somewhere unexpectedly. Thank goodness, or I would have come this far to end at day 28. :-)
____________________________________________________
Thank you, Lord, for never giving up on us like we sometimes give up on each other. Even when I know sometimes we make it hard for you to love us. We all make mistakes, but you love us anyway. Thank you for your mercy! ~ Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment