"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Tuesday, April 23, 2013



Gathering Lavender and Roses
Today I gathered a bouquet
of sweet lavender and roses;
the wind was making stems to sway.
Today, I gathered a bouquet.
I had to shoo the bees away
from blooms beneath their noses.
Today I gathered, a bouquet
of sweet lavender and roses.

The bees were darting, bloom to bloom,
from rose to purple lavender.
Drunk on the pollen rich perfume,
the bees were darting bloom to bloom.
Intoxicated they consumed
the tempting, tasty nectar.
The bees were darting bloom to bloom,
from rose to purple lavender.

I watched, as in hypnotic trance,
the flowers bobbing in the wind;
their petaled heads in sprightly prance.
I watched as in hypnotic trance
the lavender and roses dance,
to soundless music Heaven penned.
I watched as in hypnotic trance -
the flowers bobbing in the wind.
___________________________________________________________
Day 23, Poem 23: 
I have to admit, when I read today's poetry prompt, I was a bit intimidated. The prompt was this:

“And now for our prompt: Today, let’s try writing triolets. A triolet is an eight-line poem. All the lines are in iambic tetramenter (for a total of eight syllables per line), and the first, fourth, and seventh lines are identical, as are the second and final lines. This means that the poem begins and ends with the same couplet. Beyond this, there is a tight rhyme scheme (helped along by the repetition of lines) — ABaAabAB.”

I have never tried a "triolet" before. It sounded daunting. But, I was willing to give it a try and once I started, I found it wasn't as bad as I thought. I have been wanting to write a poem about my two favorite flowers for awhile now (lavender and roses). I love the way they smell, the way they go so perfectly together in the garden and how beautiful they look. 

The garden in the picture above is not mine. I can't remember where I got the picture from, but I "saved" it for inspiration for my own garden someday. Enjoy the poem!
_____________________________________________________________
Lord of my Senses: Thank you for creating the sense of smell. I so love the scent of lavender and roses! And of course, so many other amazing smells. Every time I have a bad cold, I am reminded not to take this sense for granted; which of course, we all do until we no longer can use it. Beauty surrounds us every day, Father. Enhance all five of my senses to appreciate each thing and praise you for it. ~ Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment