"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Monday, April 1, 2013


The Love of Wind and Thunder

In the stillness of evening
from the refuge of our room,
we watch the storm prance around us
as lightning flashes through the gloom;
luminous fingers exploring,
a way past the panes imploring.

Though the drapes are tightly drawn
and we're bundled in our bed,
the rat-a-tat-tat of raindrops
drumming persistently overhead,
announce the tempest has found us;
however hidden in dark's hush.

Wrapped up within the covers  
to each other we do cling.
Not in childlike fear and terror,
but enjoying the night rain sing;
an ancient lovers' lullaby -
thunder rumbles, as the wind sighs.  

_________________________________________________________________


Day One, Poem One of the National Poetry Writing Month Challenge!
I am having to remind myself that these poems do not have to be perfect. I am such a perfectionist with my poetry, wanting everything to "sing," wanting to NOT be cliche or mundane. . . For the next 30 days, I am telling myself the goal is ONLY to get back into the swing of writing after being blocked for so long. These can be just rough drafts, if need be, but at least I am back to cuddling in a corner with pen in hand & the sweet sound of scribbling on pages. :-)
_________________________________________________________________
Thank You, Lord - for even the simplest of blessings that each day brings. Thank you for the  joy I find in the way words placed together, in just the right way, SING! Even my most basic attempt draws me closer to you. ~ Amen

2 comments:

  1. I too have struggled with perfectionism in regards to my creativity. I know how hard it can be but it is so satisfying to be able to silence the inner critic and except the imperfections as the beauty they really are. Thank you for pushing through. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love your comment! Especially "except the imperfections as the beauty they really are." Thank you so much for your inspiring encouragement. Looking forward to hearing from you again and to reading more of your poetry as well. Blessings!

      Delete