"It is never too late to be what you might have been."

~ George Eliot





Comments - and even criticisms - are welcome. It encourages me to know if my words touched a place in your heart; and criticisms show me how to improve. Thanks and have a wonderful day!




Saturday, April 27, 2013











Fiery Games

If you play with fire, sparks will fly;
orange embered stars into the sky.
Ash with float up with the wind
then, like snowflakes, will descend.
Smoke will snake its way around,
rising high, then coiling down.
Spirited flames of orange and red
joyfully dance when they are fed
wood that crackles and twigs that pop.
But, playing with fire, you won't stop.
Too mesmerized by the flames
to retire from your fiery games.
_______________________________________________________
Day 27, Poem 27:

Today's poetry prompt was to take the beginning of a proverb or well-known saying, and using the Internet search engine, type in the first three words, etc. etc. to come up ideas to use in a new poem. I tried several sayings with the search engine, but wasn't happy with my results. I was reaching the point of giving up and going with the "optional" idea, when Barry called me outside to join him beside a fire he had built. . . .and the rest just fell into place. I still used a "proverb or well-known saying" to begin the poem though. :-)

Like almost all of the poems written quickly for this 30 day challenge, this one could still use a little "tweaking" in my opinion. I am sure I will look at it again in the future for possible revisions.
________________________________________________________
Thank you, Father - for Barry, for the calmness being outside by a fire brings and for the peace that comes with simply being still and enjoying the company of the ones we love. ~Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment